topsonic — Aircraft noise and flight track monitoring system
A noise and track monitoring system consists of several components which collect and store input data, calculate relevant values and prepare them for presentation.
Topsonic systems measure continuously and without interruption — 365 days per year, in ice and snow, in the desert and in tropical environments.
Noise Monitoring Station
The number of noise monitoring stations depends on the number of runways and certain geographical terms. For each runway at least one station should be located in each extension of the runway.
A noise monitoring station mainly consists of measurement instrumentation (sound level meter and weather proof microphone), computer and communication module (router or modem), an optional weather sensor, an uninterruptable power supply (UPS), sensors for vandalism protection, power loss and temperature, a weather proof cabinet and a tilting mast.
Topsonic Noise Monitoring Stations operate under the most difficult ambient conditions. The temperature range is -20°C to +55°C. Power consumption is very low. Optional sensors like ADSB receiver or weather proof camera can be integrated.
Topsonic noise monitoring stations are protected against lightning and electrical surges.
In addition we offer mobile noise monitoring stations for changing sites of operation. Their functionality and measurement instrumentation is identical to our stationary devices. Mobile stations are located either in a handy pelican case or in a car trailer for unattended use. The car trailer version is available with solar power and/or fuel cell power. This allows more than half a year of unattended operation without any external power source.
Noise & Track Server
The server processes all incoming data. It is the interface between external data sources and user. Incoming data sources are:
- Noise monitoring station data (noise events, 0.5- or 1 sec Leqs (fast and slow), optional weather data, sensor data and spontaneous alarms and messages
- Radar data form air traffic control (misc. protocols)
- Additional air traffic control data like ADEXP or TFDPS
- Flight schedule data from airport’s AODB (stock data and live updates)
- METAR weather data
All data is permanantly monitored. In case of interruption or errors an alarm is generated.
In order to identify the source noise events are automatically correlated with the radar data. Our system offers different types of correlation (radar–correlation, time window correlation and manual correlation). Thus the Topsonic noise & track monitoring system reaches highest correlation rates. Furthermore our system offers the availability of an audible control of the noise event, because each event is stored as MP3 file. In addition the user is able to listen to the actual sound by connecting to a live stream (like internet radio).
All processed data is presented with advanced graphics and reports.
A selection of graphics and reports:
- Time series Leqs
- Noise events
- Real time data
- Lm and background noise as bar graph
- Distribution of levels
- Maximum level distribution
- Calibration results
- Weather data (wind speed, wind direction, temperature, air pressure, humidity, precipitation)
- Flight tracks (real time, mass plot, analyse plots, climb profiles with CDM monitoring, gate penetration, overflight analyses, overflight distribution, route violations and much more)
- Runway usage statistics
Our reporting module is compatible with the latest Microsoft Office products.
- modern Microsoft Office-like user interface (Ribbon-technology, dockable windows)
- export : Excel, PDF, HTML
- supported languages: English, German (others on demand)
- allowance of specific customer wishes for calculation methods, presentation (Corporate Layout) and specific reports
- Flexible filtering of data for calculation
- Free combinable single reports to a batch processing
- Exhaustive significance of national standards
Topsonic uses Windows 2008 Server R2 as operating system. Our servers are adapted to our customers’ needs and are completely integrated into the airport’s infrastructure. Our products can be installed on virtual or physical servers.
Nearly all collected data is stored in a high performance ORACLE database. Topsonic uses Oracle 11g as database server. Oracle servers can be installed on nearly all operating systems. Oracle is trusted, scalable and absolutely fail safe. Furthermore users have access to some database tables and can produce specific queries and reports.